Dear Chief Secretary to the Treasury,
I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left.
Signed, Liam Byrne

(Outgoing Labour Chief Secretary to the Treasury. May 2010)
.
.

Wednesday 31 March 2010

F & S on the budget

DS: There's a hole in my budget, dear Harold, dear Harold,
There's a hole in my budget, dear Harold, my dear.

MF: Then mend it, dear Healy, dear Dennis, dear Dennis,
Then mend it dear chancellor, dear Dennis, my dear.

DS: But how shall I mend it, dear Wilson, dear Wilson,
But how shall I mend it, dear Wilson, my dear?

MS: By building up exports, dear Dennis, dear Dennis,
By increased production, dear eyebrows, my dear.

DS: But that means working harder, dear Harold, dear Harold,
And the workers must have more incentives, my dear.

MF: Then decrease taxation, dear Healy, dear Healy,
And raise all their wages, dear Healy, my dear.

DS: But where is the money to come from, dear Premier,
But where is the money to come from, my dear?

MF: Why, out of your budget, dear Healy, dear Healy,
Why, out of your budget, dear Dennis, my dear.

DS: But there's a hole in my budget, dear Harold, my dear!
Things haven't changed much have they, not even the eyebrows!

Lyrics found here

....

No comments: