Dear Chief Secretary to the Treasury,
I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left.
Signed, Liam Byrne

(Outgoing Labour Chief Secretary to the Treasury. May 2010)
.
.

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Insp Gadget falls in love.

Here's why

Gadget writes
I Think I’m In Love With Theresa May.
This is why Insp Gadget has fallen in love. It's because Theresa May said:
“I can also announce today that I am also scrapping the confidence target and the policing pledge with immediate effect”

“I know that some officers like the policing pledge, and some, I’m sure, like the comfort of knowing they’ve ticked boxes”

“But targets don’t fight crime. Targets hinder the fight against crime”

“In scrapping the confidence target and the policing pledge, I couldn’t be any clearer about your mission: it isn’t a 30-point plan; it is to cut crime. No more, and no less.”
And Insp Gadget wants all Police to write something in their notebooks.
“I can also announce today that I am scrapping the confidence target and the policing pledge with immediate effect” Theresa May MP, Home Secretary, June 29th 2010.

If anyone tells you different, it may well be an unlawful order. Check with the Federation Rep at your nick. I think I’m in love with Theresa May, and it doesn’t make me a bad person.
As usual, please visit Insp Gadget's site to read the whole post, and don't forget to read the comments too - there's interesting things there.
....

No comments: