Dear Chief Secretary to the Treasury,
I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left.
Signed, Liam Byrne

(Outgoing Labour Chief Secretary to the Treasury. May 2010)
.
.

Thursday 25 March 2010

Balls out?

This seems like a remarkably good idea.
h/t Guido



From Antony Calvert :-
1997 was an awful year for the Conservatives, and Michael Portillo, who lost his Enfield Southgate seat which had a majority of 15000 for the Conservatives. My seat in West Yorkshire, is called Morley and Outwood. It's my home seat, and it's got a notional Labour majority of around 9,000. My opponent, is Ed Balls. Ed Balls is most widely known as Gordon Brown's chief lieutenant and enforcer. He's the author of Brown's most damaging fibs, about Labour investment vs Tory cuts, about the economy being in good shape to weather the storm, even abolishing boom and bust. You name it, Brown has spun it, Balls has probably written it. He has consistently put Labour's interests over that of the nation. Ed Balls is being bankrolled by the unions. If you support my campaign, his 9000 majority won't be safe. If you want to castrate Labour and help me get Balls out, just click, and you can donate to my campaign online. It'll be a moment you won't forget.

Mrs Rigby doesn't live in that constituency, but she might be able to find a spare fiver.

Donations here.
....

No comments: